Thursday 22 April 2010

Try it on!

Ok so here is my first proper blog. Something that truly annoys me is when women go into shops and think that they will immediately fit into to the size they are wearing.
One of the biggest fashion faux pass anyone can make is wearing something that is too small for them or oppositely something that is swamps them and I'm not talking about the big baggy jogging bottoms, you wear after a long day of hard work and bad weather. Unfortunately wherever I look women are wearing dressing in clothes that do Not fit.
The worst thing you could possibly do is pick up the same size as you are wearing, from a different store just because you think it might fit. The best thing to do is take the same item in your size, and the size above into the changing rooms. Trying things on is essential to making sure that you have something that is ideal to fit you.
The truth is that the size is just a number, we all love to say things like I'm a size 10 or size 8 but if you haven't got the correct size for your body then what would be the point in buying it?
So whether you are a size 6 or size 26, don't worry about the number on the shirt, simply try it on and make sure that it fits you.

Hope this was helpful,
Sara

2 comments:

  1. Fit is everything, you are chunky necklaces, platform wedges and preppy jackets, but it works and fits. I'm big, bright, bold and body conscious and for me as a plus size woman, fit is everything....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's me again, I went shopping today and have been looking for a maxi dress for myself. Something of a challenge... having said that I found a great dressy classic black jersey cotton number in New Look of all places. They only had one plus size dress, but with a little tweaking on the sewing machine I think it will be quite servicable.
    I also found some fabulously colourful patchworked 100% cotton, so I got myself 3 metres and will be making another maxi dress for myself...I will be using a shape I have seen on a dress in Next..
    speak again Tre

    ReplyDelete